Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I Need an Adult

Dear Friend,
I Need an Adult!My brother used to jokingly say “I need an adult,” whenever something would go wrong. This phrase has been constantly running through my mind for months now. Years really. The theme of this blog was intended to be my journey into adulthood. When I left college I was confident that I was going to rock hard and I was going to rock fast, but in the twenty-seven months since graduation I have repeatedly learned one lesson: I am not a clever man.
This blog should really just be a thank you to all of the people in the world I would be lost without. The people who come to my rescue on a day to day basis. There are far too many of you to name, but thank you. Thank you thank you thank you for saving me. Thank you for rescuing me from the roach motel. Thank you for getting me through my first heart break. Thank you for giving up your Saturday to help me paint. Thank you for my funeral. Thank you for listening to my stories about Spider-Man. Thank you for letting me vent about how hard my job is even though I’m crazy lucky to have such a good job. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for worrying about me and praying for me even when I insisted I was ok. Thank you for playing improv with me. Thank you for the phone calls when I was alone. Thank you for giving me a place to live.
Thank you. If you ever need an adult. I’m your man.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are incredibly clever; it's just that real grown-up life is pretty difficult. I admire all of the good you do, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Is it you who I stole that catchphrase from? I brought it with me to China, and now my friends here tease me when I say it. They tell me I'm 25, so I'm not allowed to say it anymore.

    If anyone should be saying thank you, it is me to you. Thank you for being my friend and enriching my life so much.

    ReplyDelete