Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Apartment

So as many of you know I moved into a new apartment. I was impressed with it when I saw it back in May, but when I moved in, it just turned out to be old, dirty, and in desperate need of a paint job. As I am a big baby, I recruited the help of my friends and family to help me learn how to be a grownup. There is still a crazy ton of work that needs to be done, but I’ve made good progress. My friend Mary helped me paint the office (white) and my parents helped me paint the main room (old driftwood and hello yellow). We’ve all done a lot of cleaning (I’ll spare you the photos, but trust me: totes deesgusting).

I’m working on making a bookshelf. I still need to stain the wood and add an eight food board as the top shelf, but I think I’m liking how it is turning out.

shelf

I hung up some paintings by a super cool artist named Scott C.

plants and books and art and stuff

And with a lot of reassurance from some of my best friends I even made a painting. I haven’t made art since the eighth grade, so I was nervous. I’m happy with how it turned out.

I own a comically small television

I’m really starting to like my new place, and I’m really lucky to have such good friends and family. They’re teaching me a lot. I think I can do this grownup thing because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment